Thursday, January 12, 2017

healthy ramen

I have a love (and a weakness) for Ramen and while I may have lived off Ramen in college, these days I try to make better decisions with the food I eat. One of my favorite things to do is recreate my favorite meals and create a healthier option. 

One of the most important things for my body is try and stay away from gluten and processed foods and while sometimes this feels confining, I've figured out a lot of ways to recreate my favorite yummy recipes!

INGREDIENTS:

Gluten free Rice Noodles- I love the Lotus Foods Forbidden Rice Ramen noodles

Chicken broth

A variety of favorite vegetables

Cooked chicken breast

Homemade ramen seasoning- This is where you can create your own flavors for your broth!
Here is my favorite combo which you can mix up and use to flavor (according to your taste) the broth:
1 teaspoon cinnamon 
1 teaspoon of ground cloves 
1 teaspoon ground fennel 
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion and parsley powder
Bring bone broth and seasoning to boil and then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for a few minutes.

Add vegetables, chicken breast and noodles and bring to a boil. Then let simmer for about 5 minutes or until the noodles are soft.

Transfer the soup into a bowl.

I like to add a big handful of chopped spinach, hot sauce and top with an egg! 

1 comment:

Caroline said...

That looks so yummy and very healthy too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails