Tuesday, May 30, 2017

cardboard painting

Back when I was an art major in college, I lived on a very tight budget. In fact, I could barely afford the supplies for many of my painting classes. One of my favorite hacks for painting on the cheap was to use cardboard. Cardboard is affordable, often free and it can hold many layers of paint. I found that using cardboard is a great way to get a feel for painting on a larger surface, it works well for practicing new techniques and it's not "precious" which means it's easier to create without expectations or worry. I used cardboard for many of my college painting assignments and I've been using it ever since!




Just about any type of cardboard will work but my favorite is a lid to a box. Once painted, they are fun to hang on the wall as art!

6 comments:

zina said...

Gorgeous!!! So beautiful :)

Dawnri said...

This is a genius idea! Especially for students and other people who cannot afford costly supplies. Or for people who are wanting to do a lot of experimenting.

Dorlene Durham said...

Great idea. Love the example you shared.

drumminhome said...

LOVE!

Kate said...

Why have I never thought of this?! Brilliant, tho brilliance is to be expected when visiting your page. Thank you for all of the inspiration!!

Haley said...

I love this! I have a thick cardboard piece that I made some cutouts into and my daughter painted and love having that hanging in her room. I've never thought of using the top of a box though. It definitely looks a little nicer than having painted cardboard taped up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails